Still trying to trust that God has care and control of all these things flying in the air around my head and heart. Trust has usually come pretty easily to me, both with God and with people. And I suppose even in this, it's not trust in the sense of believing He has His best purposes in mind and that things will work out accordingly. It's more that tangible trust that things are in His hands, and I can just hang out and be at peace, like sitting on an airplane, almost mindlessly trusting the pilot to know what he's doing - it's not like I'm the one that has to be tracking the intensity of the lightning storm in Houston. (At least, that's how I feel when I'm on planes - totally unworried about anything except keeping Annabel happy and my back from hurting.) ...It's the practical trust that allows for deep, breathing peace in the right now, today, moment-to-moment. In the midst of this an Enter the Worship Circle song has been repeating endlessly in my mind: "Though I feel alone, I am never alone...You are with me, You are with me, oh my Lord..."
Praise the God who knows all about lightning storms.
No comments:
Post a Comment