Monday, October 31, 2011

Obligatory Adorable Costume Pictures

So it's basically mandatory to share cute pictures of your kids in their Halloween costumes, right? Right. For your viewing pleasure, adorable Annabel the Lion:

ROOOAARRRR!!! (No literally, that's what she's saying in this picture.)
Yup, she's pretty much the cutest lion ever. (Except don't tell her that - she's set on being a SCARY lion! ROOAARRRR!!)
So sorry, that's it for pictures. Maybe we'll take some more this afternoon when she goes trick-or-treating with the 2-year-old twins across the street. It will be a lifetime first for both me and Annabel - believe it or not, at nearly 28 years old, I've never (ever) been trick-or-treating. My parents weren't fans of the whole Halloween thing, so I stuck to the innocent Little House on the Prairie, baby, and angel costumes and only did our church's annual "Harvest Festival." I didn't mind this growing up because I still always got to do fun stuff and got plenty of candy, but I'm going to give the whole trick-or-treating thing a chance with my kids. We'll see how it goes!

I remember well the fun I had at those "Harvest Festivals," though, so I was determined to find something similar to do. Amazingly, despite our extremely-churched area, we couldn't find a single church that was hosting any kind of family-friendly Halloween event.  (What's up with that? Those things are awesome and are also one of the best ways to serve & bless people from the community.  Anyways.) After extensive internet research we finally managed to find a community Halloween festival about 15 minutes away. It cost $3 per kid (adults were free - guess they weren't planning on my and Nate's awesome bean-bag-throwing, candy-winning skillz) and was chock-full of toddler-friendly games with an unlimited supply of tootsie roll prizes for all. Because it was in a community center, they even had a McDonald's-esque playland (pretty much Annabel's dreamland).  Annabel LOVED it. We successfully managed to give her a non-scary, tons-of-fun Halloween experience. Mission Accomplished.

A local photographer had a station set up for free Halloween photos:

A surprisingly great family photo - it's only blurry because I took a photo of the photo. (I'm way too lazy to figure out my mom's scanner.)
After the picture came out, the photographer said I should have sat sideways because you practically can't even see my 33-week belly. Apparently it's true what they say about black being slimming. I joked with him that I should have taken a picture sitting sideways next to a pumpkin (because no matter what Baby Center says, it's definitely more of a pumpkin than a pineapple hanging out in there). I was half hoping he would offer to let me take a free belly photo, but no go. Ahh well. I really should start posting weekly belly pictures in these last few weeks just so you can all be as aghast as I am at how huge my belly is capable of being. I've definitely reached the pity stage of pregnancy, where every time someone asks when I'm due and I tell them mid-December, they give me a look and/or a comment to the effect of, "I'm so sorry." Yeah. It's ever-so-quickly approaching time for this little pineapple-pumpkin to come out. More on that topic tomorrow! (I already wrote the post but I'm going to save it for now.)

Happy Halloween everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Did you make that costume? It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I wish. No, definitely did not make it! :D Grandma and Grandpa picked it up at a garage sale.

    ReplyDelete