But, things are looking up on the blogging front, because I finally have a fully-functioning computer again! Most importantly, with my backlog of pictures! Which means you all get to be treated to the likes of this little beauty:
Yes, there is a reason we call her Annabellybutton.
Memorial Day was our very first summery day here in Chicagoland, and believe me, people took note of that fact. The beaches were PACKED. But we (or rather, our friends who showed up a few hours before us) managed to stake out a shady little corner a decent distance from the crowds. I took advantage of Annabel's last season as a toddler (i.e. permission to be naked in public) and stripped her down.
There was an entire layer of sand at the bottom of the tub that night. (And believe me, she is not sunburned, though her arms and legs may appear differently in this picture. I took after my mom and am a sunscreen nazi.)
Playing with her BFF, Avi. I love this picture because there is a very similar one of me and my cousin Michael at about the same age, and it's always been one of my favorites. I wish I had a copy, but I'm sure it's buried in one of my parents' photo albums. We're both in diapers on the beach, playing with glass soda bottles (back when they had to allow glass bottles on the beach because everything came in glass bottles). I also love this picture because we're moving soon, and I want Annabel to have some photo-memories of her besties from Chicago.
In love with the bleach blonde curly ponytail. (I still refuse to cut it!)
Rocking the toddler yoga skirt (pre-stripping) and devouring watermelon with her other BFF, Mieke. (That skirt has proven to be the best summer skirt ever! Highly recommended.)
So grateful for good summer fun with our Chicago friends before it's time to move.
I should probably post more about moving at some point...but the basic rundown is that we're moving to Minneapolis at the beginning of August to do full-time support raising for our ministry with WDA.
The clock is ticking for our time in Chicago, and I'm hoping for more days like this before it's time to say goodbye.
It's so interesting that Annabel loves playing with her belly button. Nitzana does too! She's obsessed with it! Now I know that it's some sort of Harkness trait passed on from their daddies. I hope it's not too long before we get to see you guys again! These are adorable photos.
ReplyDelete