Monday, November 26, 2012

calling in for reinforcement

My best friend is coming! My best friend is coming! My best friend is coming!

That is all. (Okay, not really.)

Tomorrow, by breakfast time, she will be here, in my house, in my new hometown - and she will be bringing with her one sweet little munchkin whom I have yet to meet.

A year ago she came to see me in Minnesota, when both of our little boys were still cooking, and you might remember we made lots of fun onesies for them that they both outgrew within a few weeks of their births. This was us in October 2011:

Seriously. I can't believe I still had two months to go when that picture was taken. At least Levi did his part to justify my hugeness by being bigger than the other 99.9% of the babies born in this country.

And here were their onesies:

Tandem bikes! (Two-toned. Color blocking is so in, yo.)
Sprouts. This was my favorite one that we made.
Anyway, I had my Levi, and she had her Emmanuel, and now us and our boys get to hang out in person for the first (even though it's really the second) time. (Talking about our babies here - not us. She and I are going on 20 years of friendship.) And I get to see her as a mama for the first time. Something tells me it won't seem strange in the least, since this is the friend who used to bring her sewing kit to camp with her justincase. A born Mama. (I'm pretty sure that's a true story. Right Lisa?)

So anyway, I love Georgia, I do, but I've been lonely, and I stink at phone calls. So I am going to have a hard time sleeping tonight knowing that in the morning one of the closest, most loved, safest and best known people in my life is going to be in.my.house.

Wheeeee! (As Lisa likes to say.)

No comments:

Post a Comment