Thursday, November 15, 2012

laundry, chaos, and travel; oh my

So remember what I said here about how I put off chores as long as possible, until they pile up and are totally overwhelming? Yeah, well, this is what it looks like in real life:

The chaos inside my brain master bedroom.

This is what happens when you are two weeks behind on laundry and decide to wash it ALL in one day, and at the same time are trying to pack for two separate and simultaneous trips for your small children (Annabel with Nate, Levi with me). This picture is also a fairly good representation of my mental state. I post this picture here for posterity. May it always remind me why I need to NOT allow this pattern to continue in my life.

In two hours Levi and I head for the airport. Our day holds two flights with a slim little 40 minute layover in-between (may our first flight not be late PLEASE). My room still looks exactly like this picture, which I took before falling into bed at midnight last night. And it will probably still look like this when I walk out the door, and unless my sweet husband puts away all these piles of laundry for me (even though it's not his job), I will have this lovely scene to come home to on Tuesday. Again, motivation to change. Ahem.

Blogs will be slim this weekend as I visit family and friends and marry off my sister-in-law (yay Rachel!!), though I do intend to stick to my promise of checking in every day. In the meantime...say a prayer for me today. Air travel with semi-mobile littles is not for the faint of heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment