Monday, February 21, 2011

The best moment of our day...

...is peeking into Annabel's room to find this at 6:15 AM every morning:

*LOVE*
the crazy hair, the 3+ toys sleeping with her, the seemingly un-sleepable position, the two cups of water, the escape from her blankets, the insistence on sleeping in her dress (over her pj's), the refusal to sleep in socks, the reliable sleeping-in gene.
*LOVE!*

...This morning we're still at my parents', getting ready to leave for Chicago, so A-Love and I slept in until 9:30. A good 12 hours for both of us. I love these sleep-in mornings, and especially love that my daughter miraculously got that gene from me. (Maybe the #1 thing I hoped my kids would get from me, at least in terms of maintaining my parenting sanity.) But these lazy mornings also make me even fonder toward our normal 6-AM wake-up call during the week, because I get to look in on the above preciousness 5 days a week. And actually, an even better moment comes just after that, when we pick her up and she snuggles deliciously right into our arms. One of the only true snuggles we get all day. *lovelovelove!!*

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure that isn't my Little Girl there, well we know it isn't but they sure sleep the same!
    Thanks for entering @ Mommy Does... and good luck! Without great followers none of the giveaways would be possible. Plus, I see you won with the odds against you before, since I rarely have 100 entries- good luck!

    ReplyDelete