New prayer card = DONE! I am no graphic designer, but I'm pretty happy with how this turned out:
Of course, the real one has our phone numbers on it, but sorry, I'm not posting those on here!
...And, I heart Picnik.
This weekend we head to Duluth, Minnesota, to participate in Lakeview Covenant's first-ever Missions Conference. This is the church where Nate grew up and where his parents still belong, and we're blessed to have this church on our support team. We're busy beavers over here, working hard on all the administrative (and creative) details that need to be in place for the weekend. Nate is hard at work on our [very official] three-panel poster board, and is doing an excellent job, in spite of his [justified] fear of my judgment of his creative prowess. I'm busily crafting fonts and text sizes and email lists so we can have all our ducks in a row for this very first official support-raising endeavor (that is, our first official "church event" kind of thing).
Getting all this stuff together really brings it home: Wow, we are actually doing this. We're on the cusp of getting to devote our full-time lives to this ministry that makes both of our hearts pound and dream and bite its fingernails with excitement. We were so made to do this.
This being helping people to grow, heal, and go reach others with the love of our amazing Savior. We've been doing it; it just sort of flows out of who we each are (which makes it so incredible to do it for a "living"), but we're on the verge of getting to really do it - to devote all of our working time to discipling people through teaching, counseling, mentoring, loving. It gives me goosebumps!
...So off I go, back to text-editing and organizing and laundry. If you think of it, pray for us this weekend!

I AM a graphic designer (well...sort of), and I say good job! (And I'm also your best friend...and I say good job? Yes, yes I do. Good job!) That's a super-fun picture of the Harkness family, and you're definitely wearing Keens. Love it.
ReplyDelete