Wednesday, January 12, 2011

back to the real world

I'm still working on the third part of Jubilee's story. It will be up soon.

Today marked my return to the land of the living. I was supposed to head back to my counseling internship last Friday, but woke up sick. Monday I was even worse, and Tuesdays I have off. It was a bummer to be sick, but at the same time, I viewed it as another form of God's mercy toward me right now. I think He knew I needed those extra few days to rest and emotionally recuperate, and that I wouldn't have taken them off unless I was legitimately sick. Oh, sweet pajama-clad days of not-showering and grieving and blogging and sewing to my heart's content, I will miss you. But you were well loved and well used. And today, I got to re-enter the lives (well, life - I only had one client today) of those people whose journeys you have called me to shepherd for this season. I'm grateful.

But, I'm also exhausted. Honestly, the 5:45 AM wake-up call hit me like a freight train. At 5:30 PM I was ready to crawl into bed and call it quits until tomorrow when I have to do it all again. Seriously, I would have only been in bed for 12 hours - a totally reasonable amount of time. But, no dice. Nate had his high school small group to lead tonight and I had a snuggly two-year-old to eat pizza and watch the Great Muppet Caper with and put to bed. It could be worse, I guess. *I love my daughter.*

No comments:

Post a Comment