Thursday, January 13, 2011
from the mouths of babes
Last night while Annabel and I were cuddling on the couch, out of nowhere she asked me, "What happened to the baby in your tummy?" I told her, "She went to heaven. She's with Jesus now." ...That was it. It was a simple exchange but really powerful for me. I honestly don't remember ever telling Annabel about having a baby in my tummy. The furthest we got, really, was asking her if she wanted a baby sister. How did a 2 1/2 year old know not only that I was having a baby, but where that baby was supposed to be situated, and that something had happened to her? Yet somehow, God putting those words in her mouth spoke to my heart. I guess it was like validating the loss of life. Even Annabel somehow knows that there was a baby, and now there's not. It was a sweet moment and I was grateful. God's mercy comes in many guises.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment